Academic advising plays an integral part in your Honors College success. We are here to assist you throughout your entire time in the Honors College. Honors College advisors are available to meet with students year-round.
Please browse our advising website to learn more about Honors College academic advising, who your advisor is, and frequently asked questions.
If you still cannot find answers to your questions, use the Ask an Honors Advisor form below, email your advisor or call 205-348-5500. We look forward to working with you!
What do academic advisors do?
Advisors play an active role in helping students reach their personal, professional, and academic goals. We help students define their goals, assist with class selection, ensure all Honors College requirements are being met and appropriate progress is being made, help interpret policies and procedures, and connect students with campus resources. Making regular appointments throughout your academic career in the Honors College will maximize your advising experience.
Who is my Honors College advisor?
How and when do I schedule an appointment with my Honors College advisor?
Your Honors College advisor is here to help you whenever you need it! You can make an appointment to see us each semester before class registration to talk about honors requirements, to ask questions about honors college classes, or anytime you have a question. We are here to help all year long so come and see us!
There are three options to make an appointment to see your Honors College advisor:
- Use our Ask an Honors Advisor form,
- Reach out to us via phone, 205-348-5500 or
- Email email@example.com to schedule an advising appointment.
- Be sure to mention that you wish to schedule an advising appointment in your message
Regardless of how you decide to make an appointment, you will need to provide the following information:
- first and last name,
- phone number,
- why you are requesting an appointment and
- your availability
Providing this information helps us prepare for our meeting. If you send an email appointment request, please allow up to two business days for a response.
Please note we do not offer same day advising appointments or walk-ins.
- See the Honors College FAQ page.
- The Career Center helps with resume building, interview prep, and other career readiness skills.
- The Education Abroad office can assist you in finding an abroad program, selecting courses, education abroad grant opportunities, and much more!
- The Academic Catalog lays out all academic policies and procedures, requirements for graduation, and specific college information.
- The Academic Calendar gives important dates such as the last day to drop a class with or without a “W”, registration times, and start and end dates of the semester.
Student Services and Support
- Capstone Center for Student Success
- Counseling Center
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Housing and Residential Communities
- Office of Disability Services
- Office of Information Technology
- Safety and Support
- Student Care and Well-Being
- Student Health Center and Pharmacy
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- University Libraries
- Veterans and Military Affairs
- Writing Center
- Women and Gender Resource Center
Student Involvement and Engagement
Registrar and Billing Information
Withdraw from Honors College