Registering for a Course that Requires “Special Approval.
- Go to mybama student tab, “add or drop courses” link.
- Jot down the CRN of the course you will be adding.
- Enter it in one of the boxes at the very bottom of the page labeled “CRN”.
- Submit the changes.
- Special Approval Instructions
Registration for courses that have variable credit such as Independent Study (UH 400-001), Honors Research (UH 498), or Honors Thesis (UH 499) require the following:
- The registration system defaults to 1 credit upon submission of the changes (step 4.)
- The number 1 under ‘credits’ is actually a link that allows the student to change the number of credits, submit again.
- If this change is not made before leaving the drop/add page the credit will remain at 1.
- If the student forgets to change the number of credits before leaving the page s/he can drop the course and register for it again. This will activate the numbered link once more. This will work only during the registration cycle.
- Credits cannot be changed by the student after close of registration.
- For help/questions/issues contact the Honors College registrar at 205-348-5537 or email the registrar.
Here are some registration hints and tips for incoming freshmen.